Are you looking to become an Edelweiss Partner? If so, you have landed on the right page, where you will get all the details about Edelweiss Sub Broker and other business models.
Edelweiss has been one of the premier broking institutes in the Indian stock market. It has a wide presence across the country with numerous partners. It is counted among one of the largest stock broking firms across the globe.
This article will help you understand how you can start an Edelweiss franchise. You will also get to know about the perks and revenue-sharing opportunities.
Apart from that, the article will cover the requirements for becoming a partner with the brokerage house.
Edelweiss Franchise Business Opportunity - Snapshot
Line of Business
Unit / Shop Area
Commission% / Revenue Sharing
Edelweiss Sub Broker or Franchise Review & Ratings
Franchise Fee & Infra Investment
Support & Training
Edelweiss is one of the most sought-after brokerage houses. Edelweiss Franchise is also highly rated and one of the favorites.
Its overall ratings are pretty good; however, partners like the range of products and services the most. The franchises also find the support offered by Edelweiss overwhelming.
To top it all, the years of experience that the firm has made it one of the top choices for partnering.
Overview of Edelweiss Sub Broker Franchise
Line of Business
Founded In (year)
No. of Franchise Outlets
Master Franchise Model
Business Set-Up Time
Franchise Commencement Year
Before you become an Edelweiss Partner, you should know a bit about the company. It will help you pitch the company well in front of prospective clients.
The firm was founded in 2008 by Anil Ambani (Reliance Capital). It has headquarters in Mumbai. It is a public organization with over 2500 franchises across the country.
The franchise opportunities started rolling out in 2010 after, 2 years of the commencement of the business.
Edelweiss Franchise Program – Business Models
If you want to join as an Edelweiss Sub Broker or a partner, then you have 3 business models from which you can choose. Edelweiss offer –
Edelweiss’s first model is the Franchise Ownership model, also known as the sub-broker model.
This is a business model where the partner must have his own setup, like office space and staff, and also have to pay a franchise fee.
This model has the highest earning capacity, and the investment requirement is also the highest among other models.
This model requires people with a wide network of clients and prospective clients.
So, if you already have experience in the stock broking industry and have a loyal client base, then this business model can suit you the best.
You will have to invest a certain amount which is way lower than the franchise model, but the revenue sharing for this model is very decent.
For this model, you need to have entrepreneurial skills and a mindset. You are not required to invest in infrastructure as you can work from any of the Edelweiss branches across the country.
This is a unique partnership model that Edelweiss has. This model comes with exciting offers and is quite simple as well. This is one of the most famous of Edelweiss’s business models.
So, for the people you refer, if you open an account with Edelweiss, you earn a flat fee (cash benefits) & also revenue sharing.
This model also requires nominal investment, and no infrastructure is required for this business model of Edelweiss. Since the firm offers three business models, you can pick the one that suits you the best.
You can base your decision upon factors like investment, revenue sharing, infrastructure requirements, and eligibility criteria. These factors will be discussed in the later section of the article.
Edelweiss Refer and Earn
Edelweiss also has a referral program. Under this program, anyone can refer their friends, colleagues, family members, or anyone interested in trading and investments.
The referrer will receive Rs. 500 vouchers from Amazon. However, there are certain criteria the person referred has to open an Edelweiss account and trade within 30 days of the account activation.
Then they need to deposit Rs.25,000 in the account as a margin amount. The referrer will receive the voucher if all these criteria are fulfilled.
The reward for referring people to Edelweiss keeps changing; presently, it is an amazon voucher worth Rs.500.
Edelweiss Franchise Investment & Fees
Sub Broker - Franchise Fee
Partner - Franchise Fee
Elliance - Franchise Fee
When you are thinking about which partnership model to choose, Edelweiss Franchise Cost plays a huge role in this decision-making.
So, the investment required for the franchise model is around Rs.2 lakhs and above. Apart from these, there are requirements for infrastructure, which will cost more.
If you opt for the Edelweiss Partner model, the investment would be around Rs.50,000.
At the same time, the lowest you need to invest is for the Elliance model. Here you need around Rs.5000 only to start your journey as an Elliance of Edelweiss.
Edelweiss Sub Broker Commission / Revenue Sharing / Royalty
Sub Broker Commission
The next factor that needs to be considered when deciding on the partnership model is the Edelweiss Sub Broker Commission.
So, the franchise owners get up to 70% of the revenue share, 60% being the minimum.
For the Edelweiss partners, the revenue sharing would start from 40% and can go up to 50% of the total revenue generated by his clientele.
For Elliance, the revenue sharing is between 30% and 50%.
So, if the total brokerage paid by all your clients is Rs.1 lakh monthly, you can earn Rs.60,000 – Rs.70,000 as a franchise owner.
As a partner, you can earn between Rs.40,000 and Rs. 50000, and as an Elliance, you can earn between Rs.30,000 and Rs.50,000.
Edelweiss Business Partner ROI Details
In the above two paragraphs, you can see the investment required to become an Edelweiss partner and the revenue share you can earn.
So, Edelweiss Franchise Returns would be positive, and you will start generating profits after your revenue share equals your investment.
Usually, in Edelweiss, it has been observed that all the partners take only 3 months to reach the break-even point and start generating profits.
Master Franchise of Edelweiss - Information
Commission% / Revenue Sharing
Edelweiss has stopped giving Master Franchise to its clients.
Edelweiss Franchise Infrastructure Requirement
Shop / Unit Area
Research / Advisory
Trading Terminals Set-up
Computer / Internet Connectivity
If you are opting for the franchise owner model for Edelweiss Partner Program, then you have to fulfill certain infrastructure requirements.
These are mandatory infrastructure requirements which include the –
- Office space of at least 250 square feet of area. The office space must be convenient and easily accessible; it would be preferable if it is on the ground floor.
- This office space has to be solely used for promoting Edelweiss products and offering facilities to the clients as they require.
- There must be air conditioning in the office and every room where clients sit, discuss, and wait.
- You also need to hire staff to attend to clients. Your employee capacity should be enough to handle at least 10 clients.
- Free beverages and drinking water should be readily available for all office clients and employees/staff.
Infrastructure requirements for partners across all three business models –
- Computer/ laptop/ desktop
- Internet connection
- Telephone lines
Check out Business Opportunities with Similar Brands
Support Provided by Edelweiss Partner Program
Client Interaction Training
Relationship Manager Support
Business Management Software
Edelweiss Sub Broker and franchise owners receive the following support from Edelweiss –
- Relationship manager support where the partner has direct access to RMs and business heads.
- Back-office support is given to all partners of Edelweiss with software to track all clients’ trading data and revenue generation information.
- Office branding support is offered to the franchises, which helps to promote the business and make the office space suitable for Edelweiss’s partner.
- Edelweiss also gives research and advisory support. They offer morning research calls with detailed insights about the market. This helps the partners to forward the information to the clients. Edelweiss also offers trading ideas and intraday calls to partners to assist their clients.
- Apart from these, there is acquisition support material offered by Edelweiss, marketing collateral, and many other support.
Franchise of Edelweiss - Marketing Support
Unit Interior & Exterior Ads
Edelweiss Franchise Program includes marketing support. Under marketing support, a partner gets the following benefits –
- Office branding with advertisements for both interior and exterior of the office space
- Edelweiss offers a local advertisement facility to the partners to promote the business in the locality
- Edelweiss organizes seminars and events, which can be a great marketing opportunity. All the partners can bring their prospective clients, clients to these events and seminars.
- Edelweiss also offers digital marketing support to partners.
Training provided by Edelweiss Sub Brokership
Product Information Training
There are different training facilities for the Edelweiss Sub Broker. Product information training is provided to help the partners understand the products and services of Edelweiss.
This training takes place at the beginning of the journey as a partner of Edelweiss. However, product training keeps happening as the firm launches new products or services.
Apart from product training, there is client interaction training as well. This training is given to help the partners understand how to pitch to prospective clients and retain clients. Both the training are crucial for working as a partner of Edelweiss.
Then there is a training manual and operation manuals are provided to help the partners understand the working process.
Edelweiss Authorised Person - Products Offered
3 in 1 Acount
Exposure or Limit
Web Trading Platform
Algo Trading Platform
As Edelweiss Business Partner, you can offer your clients the following products and services that Edelweiss offers –
- Intraday and Delivery trading in the Equity segment
- Mutual funds
- New fund offer
- Edelweiss Mobile Trader
- Edelweiss API connect
- Research and advisory services
- Demat services
Check out Business Opportunities with Similar Brands
Franchise for Edelweiss - Revenue per Customer
The revenue you will earn from each client as Edelweiss Franchise depends on the brokerage Edelweiss charge from the clients.
Edelweiss has a flat-fee policy where it charges Rs. 10 for every order and every segment.
So, suppose your client makes 1000 trades in a month, then the total amount brokerage he will pay is Rs. 10*1000 = Rs. 10000.
Out of this, you can earn Rs.6000 – Rs.7000 as an Edelweiss franchise. If you are a partner, you can earn Rs.4000 – Rs.5000; if you are an Elliance, then earnings from this client would be between Rs. 3000 and Rs.5000.
Franchisee Qualification required by Edelweiss & Milk Franchise
The qualification that you would require to be eligible for Edelweiss Affiliate Program are –
If you are opting for the franchise owner model and Partner model –
- Proven track record in financial services or any other relevant business and good reputation
- 2 years of work experience as sub-broker/main-broker/Remisier/ mutual fund distributor/ financial planner/ insurance advisor or employee of a stock brokerage house. The primary job role should have included the selling of financial products.
- Registration with SEBI as an Authorised Person
- Valid certificates of NISM in equity and currency derivatives segments and capital markets module.
- GST registration is mandatory
If you are applying as Elliance –
- Good track record and reputation in the financial service industry
- Must have completed graduation from a recognized university
- Have a valid PAN and AADHAAR card
Documents Required to Start Edelweiss Sub Broker Program
Proprietor Aadhaar Copy
Proprietor / Business PAN Copy
Business TAN Copy
GST Registration Certificate
Proprietor / Business Address Proof
Unit / Shop Address Proof
NOC of Unit / Shop
The documents you need to submit when applying for Edelweiss Affiliate Program –
- Copy of PAN of the proprietor or the business entity
- AADHAAR card copy of the proprietor
- GST registration certificate in case of franchise owner or partner
- Copy of TAN if applicable
- Proof of address of the proprietor and the business entity )registered)
- Photograph of the proprietor
- NOC for the office space if on rent
Edelweiss Partner or Franchise Dashboard
|Partner Login||Dashboard URL|
Edelweiss Partner Dashboard or partner portal is the business management software that Edelweiss offers to all partners.
With this portal, the partners can track all the leads they generate. Then the revenue generated by the clients is shown on the dashboard.
With the help of this portal, the partners can see the number of clients getting converted to whom they pitched for Edelweiss.
The data and information are also given as per different periods. For instance, you can see the revenue generated for separate months and weeks.
You can also check different offers you can get as a partner to offer your prospective clients.
So, this business management software or partner portal is a complete portal for all your requirements as a partner for managing the business.
Edelweiss Partner Login or Edelweiss Franchise Login
For Edelweiss Franchise Login, you need to have the partner login id. When you apply as a franchise owner/ partner/ Elliance, you get a login id and password upon approval of your partner’s account with edelweiss.
You must use these login credentials to log in to the partner portal. Once you log in, you can see the dashboard and all the details of your account and clients.
Edelweiss Sub Broker Benefits
If you are thinking about why to associate yourself with the firm as Edelweiss Sub Broker, then here are certain points you can consider –
- As a franchise owner or partner, you can earn a very high revenue share. Even at Elliance, where the investment requirement is so low, you get up to 50% of the revenue share. Very few stock brokers in the industry share such a high portion of the revenue with their partners.
- Research and advisory calls and services are reliable; thus, you can get more clients based on these services.
- Edelweiss offers high-quality marketing support for both office space and local advertisement
- Offers unique investment products which help you get more clients
- Edelweiss is one of the oldest broking firms in India. The brand value it has, along with the experience, is unmatchable.
- It has a huge presence both online and offline.
Edelweiss Franchise Drawbacks
There are certain drawbacks to Edelweiss Franchise which include the –
- There is no print advertisement support you will receive
- No website support also.
Edelweiss Partner Program – Conclusion
To summarize, being an Edelweiss Partner can be a lucrative opportunity. With low investment requirements, you can earn a high revenue share.
Apart from monetary benefits, you can offer clients many unique products to build a strong and loyal clientele.
You can also get one of the best support from the brokerage house for your work and business.
FAQs on Edelweiss Franchise Business
Check out various FAQs on Edelweiss Partner Program here –
How do I get an Edelweiss Franchise?
By visiting their website, you must apply for a franchise owner business model with Edelweiss. Then you have to fill out the form with the required details and upload the documents required.
Once they approve your application, you must pay the franchise fee and set up your infrastructure to start the incredible journey.
Can we trust Edelweiss?
Edelweiss is one of the oldest brokerage houses in the stock broking industry. It is one of the most trusted and reputed institutions, with more than 2500 franchises across the country.
What is Edelweiss Partners?
Edelweiss partners can be of three types – franchise owners, Partners, and Elliance.
Is there a referral program for Edelweiss?
Yes, Edelweiss offers a referral program. If you are a client, you can refer people and get rewards if they open an account.
How much can I earn as an Edelweiss partner?
The earning potential depends on your clients and the revenue they generate. As a franchise, you can earn up to 80% of the revenue generated by your clients.
While as a partner, you can earn up to 70% and up to 50% as an Elliance.
What is Elliance?
Elliance is a unique partnership opportunity offered by Edelweiss. This model requires nominal investment, and high revenue is shared upon referring clients to the firm.
What are the eligibility criteria for becoming Edelweiss Elliance?
To become an Elliance, you need to be a graduate with good repute in the financial markets and knowledge of the same.
How much do I need to invest in Edelweiss Franchise?
If you want to become an Edelweiss franchise owner, then you have to invest more than Rs. 2 lakhs. There is a franchise fee and infrastructure set up; both will require investments.
Does Edelweiss offer research and advisory services?
Yes, Edelweiss offers research and advisory services. There are morning calls, trading and intraday calls, and stock recommendation services.
How much can I earn by referring clients to Edelweiss?
You can earn amazon vouchers worth Rs. 500 if you refer people to Edelweiss and the person opens an account with Edelweiss.
Also, they must deposit Rs. 25000 and trade within 30 days of opening an account.